Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nubar Hot Pink & Konad M69

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have another summery manicure to show you. It started with yet another neon pink, Nubar's Hot Pink from the Get Hot with Nubar Collection. I haven't used this one in a while, and was struck by how nicely it applied and the fact that it's a two-coater (most neons take more). It's definitely neon, but without the retina-searing quality of Essie's Punchy Pink.

Nubar Neon Nail Polish Bottle

I decided to stamp it with Blue Konad Special Nail Polish. I was eyeing one pattern on Konad plate M69 that I've admired on my short-nailed friends and have been afraid to line up for a double stamp, then opted for the kind of knit-stitch pattern on the same plate instead. I stamped my left thumb, decided I didn't like it, and removed it. Then I threw caution to the wind and went for the one I've been eyeing and fearing for some time. Much to my surprise, I did a reasonable job lining up the double stamps.

Nubar Pink Konadicure Nail Polish
Nubar Nail Polish Bottle

It's not perfect, but it ain't half bad, either. I did the stamping on this one by applying the first to a finger, which left one of the lines with a flower at the very top, then applying the second stamp to the same nail turning the stamp upside down and lining it up as I went. It took just under fifteen minutes to do both hands.

Even though it's not perfect, this one makes me really happy. Of all the summer brights, pink is my favorite - this one, Punchy Pink, Color Club's Pink Lust, Pink Rush, and Lazer Pink. I simply love really bright pinks, and Hot Pink is and exceptionally good one. Little rows of flowers on string would make me happy anytime, but especially now since I've been so intimidated by this pattern for a while. I'm all excited that it worked!

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment