Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Illamasqua Wayward & The Illamaskonadicure

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I have another Illamasqua to show you, Wayward, which is the elusive two-coater bright yellow. It went on perfectly, and is a bright, cheery yellow creme.

Illamasqua Nail Polish Swatch

However, Dear Reader, by now you know that I am constitutionally incapable of leaving a creme alone, don't you? I did an elaborate Konad pattern on my tips inspired by a mani I saw on a message board.

I started with Apple Green Konad Princess Polish and Konad plate M19. I used the stamp to create a guide line for me to fill in the rest of my tips using Apple Green with the brush, since I've never been able to do a decent freehand Funky French. I applied a coat of Diamont to dry it, then used White Konad Special Nail Polish and Konad plate M45 to stamp polka dots on the Apple Green, double stamping each tip. One more coat of Diamont to seal it, and it's a finished manicure.

Illamasqua Konadicure Nail Polish
Konad M45 Konadicure Nail Polish Bottle

Is it completely 1967 over the top? Certainly. Do I love it for that rather than despite it? Of course! I think this one's great fun. The polar opposite of elegant, but great fun.

Again, on a completely unrelated note, and I'll probably be saying this all week, check out my dear ol' dad at Woodlines. He's one cool guy!

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment