Sunday, June 14, 2009

Water Decals

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I have a new thing I'm having fun with: water decals! I've seen them, admired them, and now I finally tried them. They're great!

First up, I have my mani for a get-together with my favorite fun cousin today. It seemed like a great opportunity to use the Winnie the Pooh (!!!) decals I got. It's silly and immature, and I like it.

I started with two coats of Nubar Orange Creme, did a coat of Diamont, then added the decals and sealed them with another coat of Diamont. To use the decals, I wet a sponge, set the decals on it front side facing up, then used a tweezers to apply them once they slid around on the backing. This is one of the most lighthearted manis ever.

Water Decals & Nail Polish
Water Decals & Nail Polish Bottle

They aren't just silly, though. I got some that are more elegant that I used yesterdy to figure out how to use the decals. This is L.A. Girls Can U Dig It?, with the manicure done the same way as the one above.

Water Decals & Nail Art
Water Decals & Nail Art Bottle

I love these things. They're perfectly smooth on the nail (my first attempt wasn't perfect, but I think I have it down now), and they're fun.

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment