Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nubar Pink Dot: More Hex Glitter

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I didn't feel like breaking out the ol' sandblaster this morning to remove Lippmann's Ruby Red Slippers, so I have recent pictures you haven't seen yet instead. They're of another hexagon glitter, Nubar Pink Dot, over Nubar Malvasia from the Vineyard Collection. I'm sure the Nubar glitters would work fine over other B3F polishes, but I've stuck to using them over Nubars because those are the fastest drying on me. If I'm doing two coats of color and two coats of glitter, I care about the drying time of what I'm using quite a bit - too much to experiment!

This is two coats of each with a base and top coat.

Nubar Glitter Nail Polish
Nubar Glitter Nail Polish Bottle

I L-O-V-E the glitter in Pink Dot. Both the finer holo glitter and the hex glitter flash a zillion colors as light shifts, and it's like a little party with tiny disco balls on my nails! As with yesterday's glitter, the finished manicure is not something the average woman would wear to work, but it's versatile in that the base color is work appropriate, and two coats of Pink Dot and a coat of Diamont later, and it's a weekend mani. Pink Dot (and its cousins Martini, Purple Fire, Sour Candy, etc.) are just a wash of color best used over a coordinating base color to add a boatload of sparkle. They're also surprisingly easy to remove - no sandblaster required.

I'm really thankful that my career has been in in a field where the expectation is that we're all a little eccentric and the pool of talent is primarily men who don't notice things like nail polish (at my last company, I was the first woman to join six men, and left a department of twenty-three leaving behind only one other woman). I've always worn conservative clothes and whatever nails I want to work, and as long as I'm producing high quality material, no one has cared one bit. It's never interfered with a rapid climb up the ladder for me, and I'm grateful for that. If work required me to wear sheer neutrals, I certainly would, but BOY am I glad it never has! In fact, the only comments I've ever received on my nails at work was from one guy with whom I'd trade barbs all day, and he'd say,"Cut those damn things off!" as he passed me because of the clicking while I typed.

I have no idea what has suddenly made me aware of the general wearablilty of nail polishes, but I am. As I said, I'm just grateful that it's not an issue for me because I have too much fun with it.

Here's our unrelated note, which I promise I'll quit tacking on after Tuesday (Tuesday's a special day, which I'll tell you about then): check out my dad, the very best dad in the universe, at Woodlines. He's just way too cool!

That's all for now, Dear Reader! Untl next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment