Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Illamasquaddicted

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday was a spectacular day here, and some Illamasquas arrived, so I went up on the roof and swatched them in the sun. There was a creepy guy wearing only lounging shorts and a ponytail five feet to my left, and a table full of young guys discussing their college escapades with psilocybin mushrooms five feet to my right as a swatched. The irony is that I probably looked the oddest, painting and repainting my left hand and taking pictures of it!

The Illamasquas are amazing, and I'll show them to you in alphabetical order. They're all over a base in direct sunlight. None have a top coat.

Alarm is an orange red creme, and this is two coats.

Illamasqua Nail Polish
Illamasqua Nail Polish Bottle

Baptiste! What to say about Baptiste... It's a drop-dead sparkly purple shimmer. This is two coats with no top coat, but look closely and you can see the reflection of my camera and the skyline in my nails.

Illamasqua Nail Lacquer
Illamasqua Nail Lacquer Bottle

Elope is a vivid green, somewhat jelly textured creme. This is three coats.

Illamasqua Green Nail Polish
Illamasqua Green Nail Polish Bottle

Hectic is a muddy army green creme, similar to RBL No More War but more brown. This is three coats.

Illamasqua Green Nail Lacquer
Illamasqua Green Nail Lacquer Bottle

Strike is an incredibly shimmery slightly teal light blue, and this is two coats.

Illamasqua Nail Lacquer Polish
Illamasqua Nail Lacquer Polish Bottle

Just for funsies, since I'll be moving soon and this may have been my last episode of swatching on the roof, I thought I'd share with you a billboard that's made me giggle every time I see it for two years. It's on the right, "Effen Vodka: Imported from Holland." In my head I say "Effen Vodka" contemptuously, and it makes it funny.

Effen Vodka Imported from Finland

Can you see from these pictures how I've become Illamasquaddicted? They're just wonderful. They're available on Illamasqua's site, and they do ship to the US for 5 GBP - not bad at all!

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment