Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Sheer Konadicure

Good evening, Dear Reader.

Tonight I'm weary, but it's way to early for bed, so I thought I'd busy myself with showing you some pictures from The Vault. It's my second attempt at something that Indi500Fan suggested a while back that sounded interesting: a sheer base for a Konadicure. If you recall, my first attempt was with a black pattern, and was described goth, loud, and many other less-than-desirable (for me!) adjectives. I think Round II is infinitely more successful! A few of you have seen this one already, I know, but most have not.

I started with Nubar's Parc Floral Pink, the pinker of the two very sheer nail polishes from the Summer 2009 Parisian Collection. I then added a triangular floral pattern from Konad plate M39 to the free edge at the VNL (Visible Nail Line) using Nubar Hollywood Pink to stamp. It looked like it could use a little more when I finished, so I then added another floral pattern beneath it using Green Konad Special Nail Polish. The end result is a happy balance between a sheer and a covered VNL, so everybody's happy! The only thing I would change is the staining I'm growing out, but since there's not a heck of a lot to be done about that this minute, I can live with it. Here she is.

Nubar Parisian Collection Nail Polish
Nubar Parisian Collection Nail Polish Bottle

I'm really pleased with this one. It's probably the manicure using a sheer nail polish I have most liked that I've ever done, and I will likely repeat variations on this theme. Who knew I'd warm up to sheers as much as I have???

That's what I have for you tonight, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment