Monday, June 15, 2009

Zoya Matte Velvet

Good evening, Dear Reader!

I just received and started to swatch Zoya's Matte Velvet nail polishes for Fall 2009. I didn't get very far...

I'll tell you what happened. I took the three polishes, Loredana (grey), Posh (red), and Dovima (black), as well as ManGlaze Fuggen Ugly and The Death Tar for comparison, and got to swatching. I started with Loredana, which took three coats to be opaque, took some pics, then removed it from two nails to compare to Fuggen Ugly (which is a hair darker and more sparkly). That's when I stopped. If you recall, last week I got a thin layer of acrylic overlay put on my nails. Upon removing Loredana from the two nails, I discovered that the Zoya nail polish was eating the acrylic. Ahhh! That stopped my swatching dead in its tracks. How Posh and Dovima look on my nails will forever be a mystery to me!

So you can see it, here's Loredana, three coats, no base or top coat.

Zoya Matte Nail Polish Bottle

I found this one was not self-leveling and has some chunky bits in it (see my index finger), although all of that could be attributable to it eating my nails.

I'm going to have to say that these mattes are not a success on me. I'm sticking to ManGlaze and Nubar of the mattes I've tried so far. Nail polish that eats my nails frightens me!

That's it for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment