Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Limited Editions & Hello Kitty Returns!

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I decided to do a little swatching for you today because this afternoon may be then end of my nails as we know them for a while. There was an incident, which I won't get into, but I'm going to see my manicurist to try to fix 'em back up tonight. I haven't seen her in about a year and a half, but I have faith that if anyone can help me, it's her.

Just to give her a little recognition for Chicago area readers, she's Maggie at Joseph Michael's Salon on State Street. I found her when I moved here by means of Google and CitySearch reviews - by all accounts, she's the best in the city, and I agree 100%. At my last appointment, she said, "You don't need me anymore," and sent me home without a return appointment. She's that good - she's not hungry for business. But I need her now, and she's still there, so I'm going to see her! If I come back with shorties or overlays, I know it'll be the best that could be done. I hate moving - there are always nail incidents!

Anyhow, I took out a couple of Summer 2009 LE's to show you while I still have something to show them to you on. First up is one of the FingerPaints summer collection, Lilac Lagoon. It's a delicate lilac with a great sparkle that's typical of FingerPaints to me. It's the bigger glittery bits like in Festive Claret, only the color of both the nail polish and the glitter is more subdued than Festive Claret - it just reminds me of the kind of glitter. Here's three coats over a base.

FingerPaints Nail Polish
FingerPaints Nail Polish Bottle

I think Lilac Lagoon is really pretty and delicate, as are most of this FingerPaints release. I look forward to using the others.

Next I have Sephora by OPI's Ocean Love Potion, which is just a plain slightly muted teal creme. I say spend your money on Diamond Cosmetics' Oh Tiff!, which is $2 rather than $OPI's $9... Close enough!

Sephora by OPI Nail Polish
Sephora by OPI Nail Polish Bottle

I kept this nail polish as my manicure today, and thought it needed some Konad to lift my spirits a bit. What could lift my spirits more than a little Hello Kitty Fauxnad, I ask you? As I was stamping from Fauxnad Plate A02 using Konad White Special Nail Polish, it occured to me that this pattern is knock-off of a knock-off. There's no way in heck it's a licensed Hello Kitty image on a knock-off Konad plate (or Fauxnad), so it's infringing on two trademarks. Ah well, it makes me smile just the same!

Sephora by OPI Nail Polish Hello Kitty Konad
Sephora by OPI Nail Polish Bottle Hello Kitty Konad

I just noticed proof reading this that my pinky's stamp is upside down! That's funny enough to leave up though, so I'm not redacting the Hello Kitty section.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. We'll see what I come home with tonight, and until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment