Monday, May 10, 2010

Nubar The Night Sky & Nubar 2010 Preview

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I just got a package from Nubar with samples of their new releases from May 1, Nubar 2010 and The Night Sky Collection.  Nubar 2010 is their 10th anniversary color, and I just did a preview of one swatch of it because I was racing a storm for light.  Nubar 2010 is like Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure all hyped on a couple of pots of coffee, so it will get its own post later.  I happened to be wearing Chanel Black Satin when I got it, so I slapped on a coat and took some pictures.  The Night Sky Collection is a collection of mattes packaged with a bottle of Diamont to make them super shimmery normal nail polishes.

First, the Nubar 2010 preview.  Here's a picture of the bottle.

Nubar 2010
Nubar 2010 Bottle Picture

Here's one coat over Black Satin from two different angles in relatively low natural light.

Nubar 2010, First View
Nubar 2010, One Coat, over Chanel Black Satin, First View

Nubar 2010, Second View
Nubar 2010, One Coat, over Chanel Black Satin, Second View

Can you see why this one's going to need its own post on a day when I have good light?  Two things I noticed are how shiny it is and that it's super quick drying.  I see real potential for this one!

On to The Night Sky Collection.  It consists a silver, golden bronze, and charcoal, all very shimmery, and packaged and advertised to be worn either matte or with top coat, so I took pictures of both.  I'll show you without, then with, for each.  All three were quite smooth to apply, took two coats, were very fast drying, and are smooth with one coat of top coat.

Sunset is the golden bronze.

Nubar Sunset Nail Polish without Top Coat
Nubar Sunset Nail Polish, Two Coats, No Top Coat

Nubar Sunset Nail Polish with Diamont
Nubar Sunset Nail Polish, Two Coats, with One Coat Diamont

Twilight is the silver.

Nubar Twilight Nail Polish without Top Coat
Nubar Twilight Nail Polish, Two Coats, No Top Coat



Nubar Twilight Nail Polish with Diamont
Nubar Twilight Nail Polish, Two Coats, with One Coat Diamont
Midnight is the charcoal, and this one is over a base of Nubar Foundation.  I'm wearing this one.

Nubar Midnight Nail Polish without Top Coat
Nubar Midnight Nail Polish, Two Coats, No Top Coat
Nubar Midnight Nail Polish with Diamont
Nubar Midnight Nail Polish, Two Coats, with One Coat Diamont

Those are Nubar's new offerings for us.  There's rain in the forecast for me for the next few days, but as soon as I have some sun I'll swatch Nubar 2010 over different colors so we can see what happens.

That's all for today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment