Monday, May 10, 2010

Layered Nail Polish

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I've been on a kick of layering nail polish to make it sparkle lately, and I have some picture from the last week or so to show you.

First up is Nails Inc Hollywood from The Hills Collection, two coats, to which I added two coats of China Glaze Wireless Holographic Top Coat and one coat of Northern Lights Silver.  I used both holo top coats because the hina Glaze is more dense, but the glitter in the Northern Lights reflects more colors.  The sun washed out the colors on this one - I should have taken a picture in the shade as well.

Nails Inc Hollywood Nail Polish Layered with Wireless and Northern Lights Top Coats
Nails Inc Hollywood Nail Polish Topped with Wireless and Northern Lights Top Coats

With that one, it's a lot of polish, but the Nails Inc has a very good dry time, and both Wireless and Northern Lights dry very quickly, so it did not require a lot of time protecting it from dings.

The other two manicures are glitter manis.  The first is layered for practical reasons: to aid in removal and to conserve the glitter polish.  That's one coat of Essie Mesmerize with one coat of OPI Absolutely Alice.  I found that with a coat of regular polish under Absolutely Alice, I did not need a sand blaster to remove the glitter.  The other bonus is that is conserves the OPI.

OPI Absolutely Alice Nail Polish Layered over Essie Mesmerize
OPI Absolutely Alice Nail Polish over Essie Mesmerize, One Coat Each

The last one is from Saturday, a Sally Beauty Supply super value bonus buy of a clearanced FingerPaints from the last seasonal collection.  It's Floatin' an a Cloud, a really cool but sheer glitter, two coats layered over two coats of China Glaze Secret Periwinkle.  Having leatned my lesson on the Hollywood holographic manicure, I took a picture of this one in the sun and in the shade.

FingerPaints Floatin' on a Cloud Nail Polish layered over China GlazeSecret Perwinkle in Sun
FingerPaints Floatin' on a Cloud Nail Polish over China GlazeSecret Perwinkle in Sun

FingerPaints Floatin on a Cloud Nail Polish layered over China Glaze Secret Periwinkle in Shade
FingerPaints Floatin on a Cloud Nail Polish over China Glaze Secret Periwinkle in Shade

For this one, I let the Secret Periwinkle dry before I added the FingerPaints so I wouldn't be waiting forever for it to dry.  I'm really pleased with Floatin' on a Cloud, and think it will work over a lot of colors.

That's it for this morning, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment