Sunday, May 9, 2010

Milani Pink & Red Nail Polish

Good evening, Dear Reader!

This morning I was groggy when I posted, and forgot to wish the moms a happy Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day!

Since my mom's not around this year, I thought I'd show you some Milani pinks and reds, all cremes, which I recently saw in a new display that made me think of Valentine's Day (V-Day = Love = Mom = Mother's Day, is the thought process there).  I believe they're all core colors, but the Milani nail polish section at my local drug store is quite small, and I verified that only one of these was in it.

Application of all was good, with the pinks requiring three coats each and the reds two.  The dry time on the one I did a complete manicure with was average, and I like the brush on these - it's very easy to control.  In the pictures, the first four colors are swatches and the last a manicure with top coat, and they're in sunlight.

Paradise Pink is a barely tinted pink, but still visibly pink.  This one made me keep going back to the display.

Milani Paradise Pink
Milani Paradise Pink Nail Polish, Three Coats

Tip Toe Pink is a hair darker than baby pink, a really girly shade.

Milani Tip Toe Pink
Milani Tip Toe Pink Nail Polish, Three Coats

La Vie En Rose is a bright pink without being too bright.

Milani La Vie En Rose
Milani La Vie En Rose Nail Polish, Three Coats

Cherry Pie is a slightly faded red creme.

Milani Cherry Pie
Milani Cherry Pie Nail Polish, Two Coats

NY Apple Red is a classic blue red, and the one I'm wearing.

Milani NY Apple Red
Milani NY Apple Red Nail Polish, Two Coats

I added a pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM02 to this one.  I mentioned them and said I'd tell you about them - they're cheapo Konad knock offs available on Amazon, but the stamps really aren't as well engraved as Konad by a long shot.  It's visible on the stamp I added to my ring finger, for which I used Pink Konad Special Polish.  Even using the right polish, the stamp's not great.  Still, it's more patterns, and I'll try to find a work-around to get the stamps clearer.

Milani NY Apple Red Nail Polish with Bundle Monster Plate
Milani NY Apple Red Nail Polish, Two Coats, with Bundle Monster Plate BM02

So that's the Mother's Day update.  If you are a mother, I hope your day was perfect, and if you have one, go tell her you love her.

Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment