Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hard to Find OPI's, Part II

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I swatched another six pack box of hard to find OPI's from my recent ebay extravaganza for you, and have pictures to show you.  Again, some of the reliable, long standing ebay sellers, like sparkling*nails and r93 (Nail Polish Elegance) have been clearing out their OPI stock, and that means good finds for us.  I bought all that I got for at or close to retail.  I said plus or minus $1.50 yesterday - the plus was $1.50, I went as high as $10, but the minus is greater, with some less than $5.

Today's batch consists of all black label OPI's, all two coaters.  My nails are prone to staining from formaldehyde, so they're going to pay a price for these, but I'd forgotten how nice old formula OPI's are.  They all applied well and have great drying time, and I love all of the colors.  I used Seche Vite on the manicures since they're old formula, and Seche Clear base.

The pictures are all in natural light, although the sun faded a bit with an approaching storm as I finished.  The first five are swatches, and the last is a manicure with top coat.

San Remo Rouge is a bright, slightly coral, pink creme.

OPI San Remo Rouge
OPI San Remo Rouge Nail Polish, Two Coats

Taos Twist is a fantastic red with a subtle shimmer that really appeals to me.

OPI Taos Twist
OPI Taos Twist Nail Polish, Two Coats

Red Hot Holiday is a glowing red orange shimmer, like hot embers.

OPI Red Hot Holiday
OPI Red Hot Holiday Nail Polish, Two Coats

Connecticut Cranberry is a rich berry, again with a subtle shimmer.

OPI Connecticut Cranberry
OPI Connecticut Cranberry Nail Polish, Two Coats

H-Andover the Amethyst is a silver purple shimmer.  My eyes popped when I saw it at a good price.

OPI H-Andover the Amethyst
OPI H-Andover the Amethyst Nail Polish, Two Coats

The last, Mystic Moonshine, is another that made my eyes pop.  It's a silver shimmer with fine silver glitter, but totally smooth.  I wish this one had full sunlight to show it off, but you get the idea.

OPI Mystic Moonshine
OPI Mystic Moonshine Nail Polish, Two Coats

That Round II of my new hard to find OPI's, and every one of them thrills me to bits.  The up side to OPI cracking down on resellers is that with the clearing out of OPI stock, we can get the previously pricey ones at a decent cost, which is a significant up side.

That's it for this morning, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment