Sunday, June 13, 2010

American Apparel L'Esprit & Konad M74

Good morning, Dear Reader!

This week I got my first American Apparel nail polishes after they recently had a free shipping code - I got a couple of the 3 for $15 sets.  I figured for $5 each, if I hated any or they were broken in transit, it was no great loss.

I'd gotten the packages earlier in the week, but was reluctant to open them after reading many accounts of the bottles of polish being thrown in a box with no padding at all and being broken, so I just opened them this morning.  It turns out whoever packed my boxes, three sent separately,was a little compulsive with the bubble wrap.  Each bottle was like a little ball of bubble wrap encased in packing tape - they were very safely packed with no casualties.

The one I tried first, today's Nails of the Day, was L'Esprit, a bluish lavender creme (all of the American Apparel polishes are cremes, I think).  I was wary of the brush, as it looked a little moppy, but it worked great - very easy to control.  The polish was a bit thick and very well pigmented with one coat being almost sufficient, so I used two coats.  I thought it needed a little something when I finished, so I stamped it with a pattern from Konad plate M74 using Konad Violet Pearl Special Polish.

American Apparel L'Esprit and Konad M74
American Apparel L'Esprit Nail Polish, Two Coats, and Konad M74 in Konad Violet Pearl

I saw the smudge of the Konad polish on my ring finger before selecting a picture, but was surprised that there are other smudges.  They show in the magnified pictures, but not just looking at my nails.

I've been a holdout on the American Apparel polished for a while now, but I'm really impressed with this one.  The only thing I can complain about is the company selling them, but I don't like to whine about that kind of thing here.  If you don't know what I mean, Google for articles about their CEO, advertising, and hiring practices, and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.  As far as the product itself, no complaints at all, I like it.

That's the update for today, Dear Reader.  Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment