Wednesday, June 23, 2010

China Glaze Vintage Vixen Swatches, Part I

Good morning, Dear Reader!

The mystery package I mentioned yesterday turned out to be samples of China Glaze's Vintage Vixen Collection from the manufacturer, and I have swatches of half of them for you this morning.  The collection consists of 12 shimmers (or microglitters), and there's not a bad color in the bunch.  Some are better than others, but none elicits the ol' "What were they thinking?" question.

Today's swatches are under artificial light, and are just some six - I took two of the three pack boxes and swatched.  Each required three thin coats to be opaque and even, but the dry time on the one I'm wearing is above average.  There were no changes in the brush or bottle to mention - they're what you've come to expect.  Application was good and I found the polish easy to control.

Classic Camel is just that - a classic camel shade with a good shimmer.  Unfortunately, it's not a great color on me - it makes my hands look pink.  However, it's the same color as my favorite winter coat, so I'll still be wearing it.

China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Classic Camel
China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Classic Camel Nail Polish, Three Coats

Ingrid is a kind of muted brown with gold shimmer.

China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Ingrid
China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Ingrid Nail Polish, Three Coats

Going My Way? is a shimmer the shade of a chocolate Labrador Retriever.  This one was a little brushstrokey on me.

China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Goin' My Way?
China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Goin' My Way? Nail Polish, Three Coats

Jitterbug is a silver shimmer with microglitter.

China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Jitterbug
China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Jitterbug Nail Polish, Three Coats

Foxy is a great rusty red shimmer.

China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Foxy
China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Foxy Nail Polish, Three Coats

Riveter Rouge is the one I chose to wear, although the picture is before top coat.  It's a deep red with silver microglitter.

China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Riveter Rouge
China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Riveter Rouge Nail Polish, Three Coats

That's the first half of the China Glaze Vintage Vixen swatches, and I'll have Part II for you tomorrow.  Until then, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment