Saturday, June 26, 2010

Diamond Cosmetics Metallic Blue & Bundle Monster BM10

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I woke up early this morning and felt like doing my nails while I had coffee, so I did - Black Ice didn't last long!  I used a Diamond Cosmetics polish, Metallic Blue, from a recent DC order.  I ordered quite a few, and I saw the package on the porch as I was on my way out a couple of weeks ago, so I got it and put it somewhere "safe" until I got home.  I finally found "safe" on about the third try since then this morning (it turns out the corner of my kitchen pantry is a safe place for nail polish!), and I went through the box to even remind myself what I'd ordered.

It turns out I did well - it's so hard to tell from Diamond Cosmetics' site, but I got some really gorgeous ones (at $2.25 a pop, I'm willing to roll the dice..).  I went with Metallic Blue first because I have not worn a blue in a while and I'm a little burnt out on Summer shades at the moment.  Metallic Blue is good in two coats, but had a little trick to application - it's a bit thick and tried to leave bubbles as I applied it (just one or two per nail).  The bubbles appeared immediately, so after covering a nail I just swiped any bubbles with the brush, and it dried with no issues.  That's just something to be on the lookout for if you try this one.  Here's Metallic Blue alone, a dry manicure.

Diamond Cosmetics Metallic Blue
Diamond Cosmetics Metallic Blue Nail Polish, Two Coats

That just cries out to me for some silver Konad, so that's exactly what I did.  I had another plan in mind when I sat down to stamp, but ran into plate BM10 and tried out a pattern I've been eying for a while.  It's a full nail pattern, clearly both shorter and narrower than my nails, so what I did was double stamp it sideways, and it worked out great.  For the stamping, I used Orly Shine.

Diamond Cosmetics Metallic Blue and Bundle Monster BM10 Stamped in Orly Shine

That's my Nails of the Day, and I like it.

I also had some news to share with you that I'm really excited about - I've been invited to design a nail stamping plate.  We don't expect to see them produced until early next year, and the other details of the project are private for now, but I was told that I could let you know that's something in the works.  As I get a green light to give you more information, I will, but I was too excited about it to keep the fact that's it's begun to myself for six months!

That's the update for now, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment