Thursday, January 27, 2011

Zoya Marley

Good morning, Dear Reader!

This week Zoya sent me their Intimates Collection for Spring 2011 to review, but I was scurrying about with Black Shatter to give you a look while it was available and haven't told you about them yet.

As you can see from the title, I only have Zoya Marley to show you today.  The reason for that is when I opened the Intimates and looked at them in the light, I was really struck by how cool the finishes on many of them are (two are cremes), and since they're already for sale on Zoya's site, I'm not hurrying to give you a peek before they're online.  The thing is, some shimmers look different when wet and completely dried (like SpaRitual Steel Magnolia, a frostfest wet and strong shimmer dry), and the Intimates look fabulous enough to warrant dry mani pics.  For pre-release swatches, that's not reasonable since it would take several hours, but I have the luxury of doing them one at a time.

My first choice was Marley because it's a very pale, muted lavender with the most subtle pearly finish.  It's a very delicate color with a delicate finish, and I think it works really well.  The application of it was excellent and I only needed two coats, while for a shade this pale three would not be unusual.  I took the picture of this one a couple of days ago, in natural light with the sun fading in and out.  Ideally, I would have had strong sunlight to show the shimmer, but since I wanted to show these to you before May, I made due with what was available.

Zoya Marley
Zoya Marley Nail Polish, Two Coats
The shimmer shows best where the light is reflected.  Isn't that cool?  It's barely there, yet easily visible.  The shimmer reminds me  of Chanel Peche Nacree.  My hand is a little pink here because it was super cold out, and this was the 10th picture I took.   I didn't realize it was quite so cold, so I was out there in a t-shirt.  At least a whole bunch of neighbors drove past and saw me wandering around outside without a coat on taking pictures of my hand.

That's Zoya Marley, and it's far prettier than I had anticipated.  Although the color isn't unusual (it's here in front of me next to a SpaRitual creme almost the same shade), that finish really is something special, and for me it's perfectly paired with the color.  I'm a big fan of this one.

I don't have much else to tell you this morning, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment