Sunday, January 23, 2011

Golden Rose 119 & Plate XL A

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I tried out a new to me brand for today's manicure, Golden Rose.  Golden Rose 119 is an almost black holo (I've seen it called black,but next to black it looks dark charcoal).

The bottle for this one is super small at 6 ml ( as opposed to the standard 15 ml), but the price is proportionately lower so it's just like buying a tiny amount at a time.  As for using the tiny bottle and brush for application, it was a little weird due to bottle size, but along the lines of the old Laura Mercier bottles rather than a mini.  I wish the brush were better because the polish itself is very nice, with the brush being the only drawback for me.  The application was unusually smooth and even for a holo (no "bald spots" like with Nfu Ohs, China Glaze OMG's, or Sally Hansen Magicals), it only took two coats to be even and opaque with a better than average drying time, and when dry the surface of the nail is mirror smooth.

After I applied Golden Rose 119 and was surveying my work, I thought that the polish wasn't as holographic as I'd like it to be, which prompted the memory of an entire post from a while back where I told you what a difference Nfu Oh Aqua Base makes under holos.  Then I remembered my lengthy holo kick last summer, during which I consistently used Aqua Base and found it livened up every holo polish I used over it, which leads me to believe that Golden Rose 119 needs another run over Aqua Base.

To perk it up in the meantime, I stamped my tips with a pattern from tip plate XL A using Nfu Oh 61 for the stamping, and here's what I came up with.

Golden Rose 119 Nail Polish & Plate XL A
Golden Rose 119 Nail Polish, Two Coats, with Plate XL A
It's not bad, but I'm still kicking myself for using the wrong base.

That's about it for today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment