Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chez-Delaney Plate XL B

Good morning, Dear Reader!

As I was warming up the car to go to the post office early this morning, I was admiring my Japanese OPI DS Original in the sun (the sun returned today!), and it struck me that I didn't have the heart to remove it after one day, so I conceded that I'd just not post today.  Then I went over to the PO, and lo and behold, guess what was waiting for me?  Well, since you read the title, I don't have to give you a lot of guesses - my plates A and B from the XL series arrived, and I scurried home to check them out.

The actual plates are giant but about as thin as regular, so they'll need more delicate care not to bend.  My plate B has a dent in it that looks like something pointy fell on it from a reasonable height, but it's next to a pattern, not on it, so I'm hoping that pattern works.  Otherwise, I have 83 big tip patterns that look fine, so I can't complain too much.  I used a pattern from plate B, and I was able to get a picture in sunlight.

Chez-Delaney XL B over Japanese OPI DS Original Nail Polish in Sunlight
I can tell I'm going to love these!  For the stamping, I used the regular Konad stamper and Konad Black Pearl Special Polish.  I tried the new giant stamper for two stamps, but I don't like it yet.  The surface is a squishy silicone, and it didn't pick up as much of the image as the regular stamper, so I didn't use it.  When I was done stamping, I used a coat of Konad top coat, then a coat of Poshe.

There's nothing quite like getting a new toy, so the arrival of the plates really made me happy.  That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader, and until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment