Saturday, January 29, 2011

OPI The One That Got Away

Good morning, Dear Reader!

This morning I was happy to see that the sun had peeked out a bit (not blazing clear-sky sun, but much better than it's been), so I looked for a polish that I thought needed decent sunlight for a good picture, and OPI The One That Got Away was first on the list.

The One That Got Away seems to be the least-loved of OPI's Katy Perry Collection, but I think it's fantastic. It's a deep red-berry shade that's full of the sparkly pigment we saw so much of in the last half of 2010 (OPI Holiday, Nubar Venetian, Zoya Fire & Ice).  The polish is thin but still easy to control, and after two coats the coverage was adequate but didn't have as much sparkle as the polish in bottle, so I added a third and it now it does.  This is The One That Got Away completely dry in moderate sunlight.

OPI The One That Got Away
OPI The One That Got Away Nail Polish, Three Coats
I know it's not as out of the ordinary as Black Shatter or Teenage Dream, but it's an infinitely more wearable shade with a great finish, and I think there's something to be said for that.  Since I didn't see as much hype around The One That Got Away, right after I placed the order including it I was kind of kicking myself, but I was quite pleasantly surprised at just how pretty it is when it arrived.  It's probably my favorite of the OPI Katy Perry Collection.

I'm off to start a busy day that will be lightened by peeking at a pretty sparkly nail polish in the sun, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment