Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYC In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Polish Review

I have to start by saying this is the best damn top coat I have ever used in my life!

You may have noticed the line after all my Mani's that normally says 'Top Coat of NYC'. Well, this is the polish I mean....

New York Color Quick Dry Top Coat
(website)

This top coat dries to the touch in one minute - just like it says on the bottle. Within 15 minutes, it will be completely hard and you can go back to your business without worrying about getting any dinks or scratches in your polish. You could even go to bed and sleep peacefully knowing that you won't wake up up with duvet dents pressed in to your mani.
I think it's also important to mention that this top coat won't smudge your Nail Art/Konad designs like some other top coats I've tried.
I can't comment on the lasting power of this top coat because I never really wear a manicure for more than a few days. When I do keep a mani for a little while, this top coat holds up pretty good. Sometimes it does chip slightly around the tips after about 2 days.
The only downside with this top coat is that when you get about two thirds through the bottle it starts to get really gloopy and tricky to apply but I think it's the same with most top coats and polishes in general right?

I can't really compare this to any of the other well known top coats that are out there on the market such as 'Seche Vite' and 'Essie Good to Go' because I've never used them. I've never had the need to try them because this one is so freakin' awesome and at only £2.59 a bottle, it beats the other brands hands down for value.

So if you're looking for a top coat that's going to dry your mani fast and keep your polish hard and strong, this is the perfect budget top coat for you.

In the UK, you can find the NYC range in most larger Superdrug stores. Click here to see stockists in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment