Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yves Saint Laurent Stormy Grey

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I went out and about for a while, then came home and my raggedy tips did get the best of me. It was time to pull out another high-end pretty I've had my eye on, YSL Stormy Grey. This one appealed to me because it appeared, in promo pics, to be a slightly bluer grey than most, and it is. The bigger surprise is that it's full of mica shimmer, that really subtle shimmer that often doesn't show up on the nail, but Stormy Grey is so packed with it that it does indeed show up.

The down side I discovered applying it is that it's a three-coater to be totally even and opaque. Here it is with a base and top. I'm starting to see a theme to the high-end polishes already: look at the size of the YSL bottle! It's huge, too! A standard one is 0.5 oz, this is less than that (somewhere between 0.3-0.4, I don't have it handy), but the bottle is enormous! Maybe the polish would cost less if they didn't make the bottles so friggin' gargantuan...


This morning, I showed you a mani using the splatter-paint pattern from Konad plate M70. I've been really wary of that pattern, sure I'd never use it, but I absolutely loved it when I wore it, and it got compliments while I was out. I tend to prefer more linear, clean lines, so I was really surprised to like it. Stormy Grey looked like it could use a little something, so I used the very same pattern, this time in Blue Konad Special Nail Polish. I don't know that I have ever used the same pattern for two manicures in a row, but I'm really smitten with this one!


That's the update for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment