Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OPI Glow-Ink in the Dark and More

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday, I decided, "To heck with it..." and just cut my nails all the way off again. Bummer, but at least they're even. The good news is that OPI's Halloween glow in the dark nail polish, Glow-Ink in the Dark, showed up, and I got to play with it.

It's supposed to be purple and glow green. It's purple, the glow isn't markedly green. It took a base of matte Alpine Snow and three coats of Glow-Ink in the Dark to be even and opaque. Here it is with a base and a top in the sun.


And here it is glowing.


Not so much green, huh? I still like it - it's purple and glow, so I have no complaints!

On to the more... Today's Nails of the Day! One of the few benefits of cutting my nails is that I get to use the zebra pattern from Konad plate M57. I love that pattern. I decided to make it the mid-80's on my nails, and used Essie Punchy Pink as the base color with Black Konad Special Nail Polish for the stamping. Punchy Pink is a great one - I've used half a bottle this summer. Pictures don't show how really neon it is ("whorish and unwearable," according to one of my male friends!). Last year's are getting hard to find, so if you want one really neon pink, get this one while you can!


That's it for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment