Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Color Club Wild at Heart & More!

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I had a whole tidy post written, but I'm on a borrowed computer that won't open the doc. Dangit!!!

The good news is, I still have pictures of lots of good things for you. A package came from Color Club yesterday, and in it was a whole bunch of cool things. I swatched some for you, and others, just took pictures of the sets. Unfortunately, I'm without the color names for the ones I did not swatch, but I trust you'll forgive that and enjoy pictures of sparkly things to come.

For Halloweem, Color Club has their Master of Disguise Collection, which as you can see, is a white creme, a black creme, a crazy cool tiny hex orange glitter, and a purple with pink and blue shimmer.



Color Club also jumped on the matte train with their Dark Romance matte collection, a black matte creme, a white matte creme, a silver matte shimmer, and a matte top coat.



Finally, for Holiday 2009, they have Wonderland for us, a white glitter, red glitter, and subtle green glitter.



You even get to see my neighbor's house in those! I live right by a school and was taking all of the pictures in this post at about 3:00-3:30 in the afternoon. Kids on bikes were riding by and staring, two neighbors looked at me oddly, this was a funny one to do!

So, I promised you swatches too, and those are of Color Club's Wild at Heart Collection for Fall 2009. They're all two coats, with the exception of one, with the pictures taken in the afternoon sun.

There are two holos in this collection, and Love 'Em, Leave 'Em is the first. It went on smoothly and was really good in two coats.




On the Wild Side had me a bit skeptical at first, it's so frosty, but once it dries a bit it's not too far off from my beloved SpaRitual Steel Magnolia. I like it!




Rule breaker is just a flat-out hot green shimmer.




With Abandon is a ton of tiny, flaky, brown glitter in a black base.




Wild at Heart is a fabulous purple holo. Look at all the colors in there!




Finally, Wild and Willing, the three coater, is a slightly duochrome glittery orange-ish nail polish. This one, I'd like to layer over black (but forgot to for these pics).




Overall, this is a great Fall collection - each shade is a good one for Fall, and there's not a loser in the bunch. I'm a fan!

The seventh bottle in the collection is Color Club's 0-60 Speedy Top Coat. I used it, and it did dry the top layers fast, but I still got dents after a while, so I'm not a convert.

That's the update for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment