Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Orly Matte Couture Collection

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I came home this afternoon to a package and some decent sun, so I thought I'd do some swatches for you. I got the Orly Mattes, the Matte Couture Collection. These are mostly more of a satin finish than other mattes this year, but they're not all exactly the same. I'll show them to you in descending order of mattiness (new word!).

All are two coats over a thin base (Foundation). First up is the most matte, which is a black creme named Matte Vinyl. This is slightly more satin and less black than Sephora by OPI's What's a Tire Jack?.


Next is a very pretty purple with a tiny shimmer called Purple Velvet. I tested this to make sure it really was dry - I couldn't smudge it, it's just more satin than matte.


Last is Blue Suede, which is a very pretty shade of blue and a creme. This one sits on the border between satin and glossy. Again, I tested to verify that it was completely dry.


These dried very quickly, but not as fast as other mattes. Still, they're dry within a matter of just a couple of minutes, so it's not like I was waiting around (you know I have the patience of a four-year-old!). I like them, and think that Purple Velvet and Blue Suede are especially unique. They have a kind of satin finish that I can't duplicate with any of the top coats I have, so I'm pleased with them. Matte Vinyl is a less harsh matte black. I still like the SOPI version (I like the harsh look too), but I also like the softer look of this one as well.

I picked Blue Suede to wear after swatching, and keep peeking at it! What fun.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment