Friday, September 17, 2010

Chanel Rouge Fatal

Good morning, Dear Reader!

This morning I was up ridiculously early in order to do a bit of housework, and much to my dismay, my Khaki Vert got quite a few chips from it.  I didn't do much that required water (the nemesis of a good manicure for me), but it chipped nonetheless.  That was disappointing, since I've read accounts of Khaki Vert wearing especially well.  I used SpaRitual Lacquer Lock base coat with it, which has always done well with Chanels for me, but I'll have to try another to see if I get better wear.

In any case, faced with lots of chips, I changed my polish to Chanel Rouge Fatal.  I'd passed on this one when it first came out based on promo pictures, but after seeing a few real pictures of it, I decided to get it.  It's a brick red creme, but what's special about it is the super shiny finish it has.  One coat was almost sufficient for color coverage, and I used a second to even it out and make it nice and shiny.  Here it is finished with top coat in sunlight.  Since the picture's in direct sunlight, the polish appears a bit brighter than it is in normal light.

Chanel Rouge Fatal
Chanel Rouge Fatal Nail Polish, Two Coats

I'm really pleased with Rouge Fatal, and I think it's a great Autumn red for me.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment