Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3rd Marbling Attempt = WIN


After my disastrous first attempt and all of your amazing advice, I tried marbling again!

My second attempt went a bit better but was still not up to scratch and I managed to ruin it soon after by bumping and scratching it before it was dry. I think I put too many layers of polish on underneath. This was before clean-up - I didn't even keep it on long enough to get a proper picture.
The marbling isn't too bad but I don't like the colours very much.



My 3rd attempt went much better - I used thinner polishes as you all suggested and I'm pretty pleased with the result.
I used 2 coats of BYS Lilac Bliss as a base and wrapped my fingers in sellotape...


For the marbling I used purple, pink and glittery bronze. Then cleaned them up nicely...


 I think I just need to work on getting more of a pattern on my nails rather than a few random swirls.

If you regularly visit my blog and can remember what it looked like a few days ago when I just had two columns, please let me know what you think about the new layout by answering the poll over there on the right! Honest answers are much appreciated - I won't take it personally if you answer in the negative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment