Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Zoya Ooh-La-La Collection for Summer 2009

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I finally have Zoya's Ooh-La-La Collection for you, which arrived with La-Di-Da. The delay hasn't been me slacking, it's been waiting for a response to a question of Zoya, but the answer hasn't come yet so I gave up and used Google instead.

The question I posed was related to ads I've seen for Zoya polish calling it "non-toxic." I know it's non-carcinogenic, being Big 3 Free, but was surprised at this claim so I asked about it. Although I have not received an answer and am open to correction, it appears that it's not really non-toxic. What I found was that the second ingredient in it, Ethyl Acetate, is "low toxicity" according to Wikipedia, and that it also contains Isopropyl Alcohol, which is toxic. Since we're not ingesting the polish, neither concerns me at all, but that means it's not non-toxic, so don't go chugging a tall glass of your favorite Zoya!

Enough of me picking apart definitions - on to the pics of the Ooh-La-La colors! They were all three-coaters for me, and I really like them all. All six are shimmers, and the collection has good variety. The first one I swatched was glittery (good thinking, huh?), so I have glittery bits on my hands for most, but just ignore those, please! I'll show them to you in alphabetical order.

Emmie is a delicate pink,and has a strong shimmer just shy of being a frost.

Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish
Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish Bottle

The spectacular Ginessa is the culprit with the glitter bits. This one is just amazing. In the bottle, I thought there was no was it would be opaque, but indeed it is. I messed up my index finger putting the bottle down, so there's something else to disregard.

Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish
Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish Bottle

Goldie is a lovely bronze gold shimmer, very metallic and not so Springy.

Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish
Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish Bottle

Katy is the color of pureed raspberries with a secret shimmer. I ♥ this one, and don't think it's gotten enough love in the shadow of some of the others.

Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish
Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish Bottle

Midori has been the star of this collection, being reminiscent of China Glaze's Moonpool.

Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish
Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish Bottle

Tallulah is one spectacular blue - it's like Essie Mesmerize with a solid shimmer to it. I love this one!

Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish
Zoya Ooh-La-La Nail Polish Bottle

That, Dear Reader, is Zoya Ooh-La-La. I really like it! How 'bout you?

Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment