Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Color Club Electro Candy Collection for Summer 2009

Good Morning, Dear Reader!

I discovered I had a package this morning, and I was excited to find it was my Color Club Electro Candy Collection.  This is the collections I've been most anticipating for the last few weeks.  Since I got up bright and early, I got about the business of swatching them for you, and I have the pictures all ready to go for you now.

One caveat: neons are simply very difficult to capture with a camera in general.  Overall, I am pleased with how these pictures turned out, but the colors are actually just a bit more vivid in real life.

Each of these is three coats over a base, with the exceptions of Volt of Light, which took four (neon yellows take notoriously many coats), and Pure Energy, which is three coats with two top coats.  The two top coats I used were (i) Color Club's Vivid 10 Color Intensifying Top Coat, which really did make the color even brighter, and (ii) Nubar Diamont, since I wanted it to dry quickly and thoroughly.  

Let's get to the pics, and I'll tell you more as we go through them...

Electro Candy, the namesake of the collection, is a great neon Barbie pink with the irridescent quality that characterizes this collection.
'Color
'Color

Pure Energy is a vivid blue shimmer, and my Nails of the Day.  This is the one with two layers of to coat over it.
'Color
'Color

Tangerine Scream is more neon than this picture shows, but check outt he strong shimmer and irridescence it has - that was a real surprise.
'Color
'Color

Ultra Violet is really an incredible nail polish.  Although it's darker in the bottle than on the nail, the blue flash is stronger on the nail than it appears in the bottle.
'Color
'Color

Volt of Light is a unique yellow neon due to its finish and shimmer, but even at four coats, was a bit streaky.  I think this one might be perfect with five coats.  A lot of coats of nail polish?  Yes...
'Color
'Color

What A Shock! is a fantastic neon green.  It's not a Sinful Colors Irish Green nail polish, where your retinas sting after glancing at it, but it's still definitely neon.
'Color
'Color

That's Color Club's Electro Candy Collection for you, Dear Reader, and it's what I have for you today.  Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment