Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BB Couture Green Goblin & Venom

Good evening, Dear Reader! We hit 3,000,000 on the nose today - thank you!

I have two more BB Couture nail polishes for you that just showed up on their site: Green Goblin and Venom.

I also have to correct myself on comething I told you this morning. Earlier, I told you that BB Couture didn't have phthalates, and I was wrong. On their site it specifies that they don't have dibutyl phthalate (DBP), so I assumed they were phthalate free. I checked the label to verify that after swatching these two for you, and found they do have both phthalic anhydride and phthalic acid.

BB Couture Green Goblin Nail Polish Ingredients

Why do I care? Well, Wikipedia tells us that "high doses have been shown to change hormone levels and cause birth defects," that exposure to phthalates may be associated with "the obesity epidemic and endocrine disruption and metabolic interference," and they've also been linked to allergies. Geesh! I just want my nails to look nice.

Anyhow, I took one for the team and swatched these. If my nose falls off, I have only myself to blame...

They are pretty! This is two coats of Venom, a very frosty light green.

BB Couture Nail Polish
BB Couture Nail Polish Bottle

And here's three coats of Green Goblin, a dark green creme.

BB Couture Green Nail Polish
BB Couture Green Nail Polish Bottle

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment