Saturday, April 11, 2009

Revlon Fruitful Temptations, Not So Blue-Berry

Good evening, Dear Reader!


I did a little work, got a little wound up, and I thought I could use a fun mani to unwind. What could be more fun than scented sparkly blue nail polish, I ask you? Not much, that's what!


I found the Revlon Fruitful Temptations display recently, and snagged the one and only Not So Blue-Berry on it and one other. Truthfully, this one is so much fun I might have to go back for more. It applied nicely, completely opaque and even in three easy coats, is stunning & sparkly, and I smell distinctly of Boo-Berry cereal. More importantly, it's suddenly 1977 again, when my mom would spend many weekends away on business and my dad would be left to take care of my sister and me - he'd give us all the sugar cereal and junk food that were normally had to live without! This nail polish smells just like Boo-Berry, and brings back fun memories.


Here's Not So Blue-Berry in the sun on my balcony.


Revlon Scented Nail Polish

Revlon Fruitful Temptations Nail Polish Bottle

It could hardly be called a fun and relaxing mani without a little Konad, so I added a lacy white tip from Konad plate M62 to this one. Coffeebug, this is the result of lining up the stamp for the center line on the nail, then rolling the image onto the nail from on side to the other. This is another thing I've found Nubar's Diamont to be useful for - I had to redo a couple of the stamps a few times because they were off center, and when I have topped the base color with Diamont, I'm able to wipe off the Konad polish with acetone-soaked felt without disturbing the base nail polish at all. That's a handy little benefit! Here's the Not So Blue-Berry Konadicure, also in sunlight.


Revlon Scented Nail Polish Konadicure

Revlon Fruitful Temptations Konadicure Nail Polish Bottle
That's the first of Revlon's Fruitful Temptations that I have for you, Dear Reader, with at least one more to come. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment