Sunday, February 20, 2011

Flashy Franken

I was having a dilemma on Friday night. I couldn't pick out a single colour from my 150+ collection which I felt like wearing on my nails. At Marina's amazing suggestion on twitter, I decided to franken myself a new one.
I had seen this mani by Erika a while ago and knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted something similar, so I decided to aim for a light pink with gold shimmer much like China Glaze Pink-Rox-E and I think what I ended up with is a pretty good match, if I do say so myself. 
I mixed this shade from BYS Tickle Me Pink, an ancient, very sheer gold from Collection 2000 and a tiny smidge of BYS Metallic Fuschia.


 

Then to spice it up a little, I freehanded some gold tips with a little black line to emphasise them. I've done this a few times recently with different colour combinations, but they normally turn out really messy though so I haven't been photographing them. I freehanded the tips with Sally Hansen Amber Chrome and used Rimmel Black Satin for the lines applied with one of these little brushes from Born Pretty Store which made all the difference when it came to keeping the lines neat.




No comments:

Post a Comment