Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sephora by OPI Traffic-Stopper Copper

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Sephora by OPI's Traffic-Stopper Copper is a glitter top coat that I wanted to try out, and I have a picture of it for you today.  It's a copper version of Only Gold for Me - a clear base with lots of copper hex and regular glitter.  I wasn't entirely wild about the gold, but thought I might like it in copper.  As luck would have it, I do.

I started with a base coat, added two coats of OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys (another polish name I don't fully understand - it sounds dirty to me!), and then I added one coat of Traffic-Stopper Copper to it.  I applied it using small strokes with the brush to more evenly distribute the glitter, then added a coat of Gelous to smooth it out and a coat of Poshe to dry it all.

Sephora by OPI Traffic-Stopper Copper
Sephora by OPI Traffic-Stopper Copper over Suzi Loves Cowboys
I like it with the brown a lot.  Suzi Loves Cowboys is a kind of dull brown, and I think both the color and sparkle of the glitter liven it up a good bit.  With Gelous plus Poshe, it's almost completely smooth, and any quick dry top coat should work over Gelous (Poshe is somewhat thin, so it's not contributing much to leveling things out).

I have a little brown nail polish tale that I thought of when doing this mani.  My beloved (a much less ridiculous term than "boyfriend" when referring to someone over 40) is always very encouraging and supportive of my blog, but he doesn't really have much of an opinion at all regarding what I put on my nails.  If I ask for an opinion, I get the A answer from the Men's Official Guide to Non-Opinions, "they're all great on you," which is perfectly fine.  Except one day not too long ago he paid me a compliment saying that, which was nice, but after a long pause he tacked on a very emphatic "No browns!" so loaded with emotion that it made me laugh.  It would seem that he really hates browns a lot!  I don't, so I'm wearing this manicure anyhow... The male reaction here is probably to wonder why I asked for an opinion if I'm just going to do what I want to anyhow, but my thinking was that if a preference was expressed with which I agreed, I'd go with that more often.  No one's taking my browns away!

I like Traffic-Stopper copper a lot, I think because the copper color is unexpected - I can't think of any other reason I like it so much more than the otherwise-identical Only Gold for Me.  It doesn't seem like a real copper color is used too often, but I'm glad to see it showing up lately.  I think I'll have to mess around with Traffic-Stopper Copper to find out what colors I like it with - brown was the easy solution today, but I think it would be better over a less predictable base shade.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment