Friday, February 11, 2011

OPI Black Shatter vs China Glaze Black Mesh

Hello again, Dear Reader!

I'm back again fast this time!  I put in a scary movie (Chain Letter, it was pretty bad) and I started thinking about the OPI Black Shatter/China Glaze Black Mesh Crackle Glaze comparison, then I finally got up and just did the manicure for it while I watched the movie.  It's what I should have done earlier, but I was tired and my brain was disengaged.  I was thinking I should post it since Black Mesh is going fast when it shows up, but it's definitely obtainable.

I used one coat of China Glaze Sea Spray from Anchors Away, which was all it needed, for the base color.  I'll show you that one alone soon.  For the comparison, I just went with the good ol' reliable every other nail for the two black crackle polishes, all topped off with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Poshe.  Here's how it looks.

OPI Black Shatter and China Glaze Black Mesh
OPI Black Shatter and China Glaze Black Mesh over China Glaze Sea Spray
Here's the same picture labelled with which is which: OPI on thumb, middle, and index, China Glaze on the ones in between.

OPI Black Shatter and China Glaze Black Mesh Comparison
OPI Black Shatter and China Glaze Black Mesh Crackle Glaze Comparison
They're both inky black, but the China Glaze is a lot less goopy to apply than the OPI, so China Glaze wins Round I.  Round II is how it looks, and there's a little difference between the two in how they crack.  The China Glaze breaks apart into more random pieces, while the OPI has longer lengthwise splits that make it look like little strips of black in some spots to me.  I prefer the appearance of the China Glaze to the OPI, so the winner in today's battle of the black crackle polishes is China Glaze Black Mesh Crackle Glaze.

That's just about all I know.  I'm sure as heck not spending another second on my nails today, so until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment