Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Color Club Starry Temptress Collection

Hello again. Dear Reader!

I'm back with the swatches of Color Club Starry Temptress that I mentioned earlier.  The collection is six neons with glitter and one glitter top coat.  The glitter top coat, which is named Starry Temptress, is about the consistency of one of the Color Club Japanese glitters.  In fact, it bears such a striking resemblance to Bishop Weed that I took a picture of them together.

Color Club Starry Temptress Comparison
Color Club Starry Temptress and Bishop Weed Comparison
The biggest difference is that the base of Starry Temptress is whiter, and if you click on the picture to make it giant in a new tab, you'll see that Bishop Weed seems to have a little bit more of the pink glitter.  It looks like they contain the same glitter.
The six neons were unusual (not in a bad way, just different).  The polish smelled a bit different, and the consistency reminds me more of paint than of nail polish.  However, it does what it's supposed to really well.  All six were sufficiently opaque in only two coats while allowing the glitter to show.  That's a pretty impressive feat, to make a neon opaque enough to be a two-coater and sheer enough to let the glitter show.  Additionally, all six neons are quite smooth with one coat of top coat (although Starry Temptress made them bumpier).  They're quite nice.

For all but the last two pictures, which are of the one I'm wearing, I've got two coats of the neon on all nails and one coat of Starry Temptress added to my ring and pinky nails to show you how each looks layered, and I put a coat of Color Stay top coat over all of it because the nails with only the neon were drying fast, so they'd look matte compared to the others without top coat.  All of the pictures are in natural sunlight.

Glitter Envy is a really neon green creme with fine gold glitter.

Color Club Glitter Envy
Color Club Glitter Envy Nail Polish, Two Coats
You can see that over Glitter Envy, Starry Temptress just imparts a bit of blue sparkle.

You've Got Soul-ar is a blinding neon orange creme with silver glitter.  Fabulous!

Color Club You've Got Soul-ar
Color Club You've Got Soul-ar Nail Polish, Two Coats
Over You've Got Soul-ar, Starry Temptress just seems make it a little more sparkly, it doesn't add a whole lot.

Otherworldy is a neon blue creme with silver glitter.

Color Club Otherworldly
Color Club Otherworldly Nail Polish, Two Coats
Here, Starry Temptress makes no real difference.  If I held my hand really close to my face in good light, I could see it was more glittery, but that's it.

Wink, Wink, Twinkle is a purple neon creme with silver glitter.

Color Club Wink, Wink, Twinkle
Color Club Wink, Wink, Twinkle Nail Polish, Two Coats
Starry Temptress does make a real difference over Wink, Wink, Twinkle.  Without it, the glitter doesn't have the same appearance of depth to me as it does with it.

Ultra-Astral is a deep neon pink with silver glitter.  I love this one.

Color Club Ultra-Astral
Color Club Ultra-Astral Nail Polish, Two Coats
I think Ultra-Astral is also improved by a coat of Starry Temptress.

Finally, Space Case is a neon Barbie pink shimmer with silver glitter.  Here it is all by itself with no top coat at all.

Color Club Space Case
Color Club Space Case Nail Polish, Two Coats
I took that picture just so you could see Space Case without Starry Temptress, which I added to the manicure.  I topped that off with one coat of Color Stay to smooth out the glitter, then a coat of Poshe to dry it all.  I was torn between Space Case and Ultra-Astral, but the notion of having fairy princess nails won out.  The sun went behind the clouds for the day as I went to take this picture, so it's not as brightly lit as the others.

Color Club Starry Temptress
Color Club Starry Temptress over Space Case
I love these.  Color Club always makes me happy with the quality of their neons and the cool twists they put on them, and as far as I'm concerned, these are another success.

That's really, really all for today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment