Saturday, February 5, 2011

FingerPaints Spring 2011

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Last week, I showed you the press release for the FingerPaints Palette of Petals Collection for Spring 2011, and this week Sally Beauty Supply sent me a set for review, so I have swatches of them for you today.  I'll get straight to the pictures and tell you about each as we go.

Aren't You Glad-iolous? is a greyish lavender creme, and it's a true one-coat polish.  Its coverage was so good in one coat that I photographed it that way.  Here's one coat of Aren't You Glad-iolous?

FingerPaints Aren't You Glad-iolous?
FingerPaints Aren't You Glad-iolous? Nail Polish, One Coat

Did You Ast-her Out? is next, a pink creme with just a touch of coral.  Something about this color reminds me of Sally Hansen Sumptuous Petal from a few years ago, which I liked but was way too jelly for me.  At two coats, it's more of a jelly and I could see through my tips, and at three, which I used here, Did You Ast-her Out? is opaque.

FingerPaints Did You Ast-her Out?
FingerPaints Did You Ast-her Out? Nail Polish, Three Coats

Heavenly Hydrangeas, a kind of dusty purplish creme, shows me that the one-coat coverage of Aren't You Glad-iolous? is more than just luck.  Heavenly Hydrangeas is also perfectly good in one coat.

FingerPaints Heavenly Hydrangeas
FingerPaints Heavenly Hydrangeas Nail Polish, One Coat

Chrysanthe-mum's the Word is one where the promotional image raised questions.  The picture showed a lime shade, but the description said it was mint.  It turns out that it's about halfway between the two, either a particularly dark and yellow yellow shade of mint or a very blue shade of lime, and it's a creme.  One coat was almost enough, and in two Chrysanthe-mum's the Word is perfect.

FingerPaints Chrysanthe-mum's the Word
FingerPaints Chrysanthe-mum's the Word Nail Polish, Two Coats

Carnation Creation is a teal creme, also a two coater.

FingerPaints Carnation Creation
FingerPaints Carnation Creation Nail Polish, Two Coats

Finally, the sixth shade is Dahlia My Number, an orange shimmer.  It's also a two coater, and FingerPaints seems to have decided that if there's only one shimmer in the collection, it would be a heck of a shimmer.  Here's Dahlia My Number.

FingerPaints Dahlia My Number
FingerPaints Dahlia My Number Nail Polish, Two Coats

As for the Palette of Petals Collection as a whole, I'd have to say the quality is exceptional, particularly when cost is taken into consideration.  They're unusually heavily pigmented (with the exception of Did You Ast-her Out?, which seems to be by design) for any polish, let alone for a line that retails for $4.49.  I always look forward to the FingerPaints seasonal collections, and this one lives up to my expectations.

I have one more picture to show you for Palette of Petals - remember the great big flower things on the bottles in the promo picture?  Well, one of those was included with the polishes, and it's like a ring with little metal bars threaded over elastic on either end for a band.  Here's a picture of my fabulous new cocktail ring.

FingerPaints Palette of Petals
FingerPaints Palette of Petals Collection Ring

Girly things attached to nail polish bottles really bring out my inner five-year-old.  I have a strong desire to wear this in public for some reason.  I most likely won't since neighbors already see me wandering around outside taking pictures of something I'm hiding in my hand, and I think playing dress up in public in conjunction with that may be a bit too eccentric for this area, so I'll restrain myself.

That's what I know about the FingerPaints Palette of Petals Collection for Spring 2011.  Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment