Friday, February 11, 2011

China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

Last night I started my last Produce I Wish I Had manicure, but when I looked at it this morning, it looked like a little kid had applied my polish.  I have no idea what the heck happened, but I didn't want to subject you to pictures of it.  I went about my day, and as I wrapped up a few things, I figured I'd redo my nails, and as luck would have it my China Glaze Crackle Glaze polishes had arrived.  I figured Broken Hearted would be topical to start with since Valentine's Day is Monday (I'm not broken hearted myself, but it's a nice dramatic name).

I used base coat, one coat of Illamasqua Jo'mina as a base color and topped it with a thin coat of Poshe to dry it.  After it was dry, I added one coat of Broken Hearted.  It's not as pigmented or as gloppy as Black Shatter, and it took a bit longer for the full crackle effect to show up.  Once Broken Hearted was all crackly, I used a coat of Color Stay top coat and one more of Poshe.  I like it.

China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze
China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze over Illamasqua Jo'mina
I really, really like this effect in a softer color than black. I think I'm going to have some fun with these.  Next week I'll see how close China Glaze Black Mesh and OPI Black Shatter are, too - I got the China Glaze black for the purpose.

That's about all there is to tell you today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment