Monday, February 7, 2011

China Glaze Sun Worshiper & XL A

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'd mentioned I had another theme in mind for this work week, and now it's time to tell you about it and get on to the manicures!  Food was suggested as a theme, which I thought was a great starting point, but more vague than I had in mind.  Well, I thought of the topic of food in terms of early February, and a specific idea came to mind: Produce I Wish I Had.

You see, I'm really big on fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables and on really good food.  I look forward to things coming into season all through the year, except that there's nothing that locally comes into season from December through February.  By February, I can't look at another mass-produced-and-stored-forever apple or orange, celery begins to lose its charm, and I start thinking "WOW, I wish I had ... "  When it was time to do my nails last night, it was mangoes (which are never local, but at least taste like mangoes for a few warm months per year).  I really, really wanted one, but alas, there were none to be had.

Mmmm, Mango!

More Mangoes!

Can You Taste It?
For my mango manicure, I started out with China Glaze Sun Worshiper, a neon yellow orange creme, to represent the flesh.  It takes a million coats on its own, but is worth it.  It's a little on the bright side, but remember that I'm screaming loudly here.  I decided to use a tip pattern with some tiny dots from my XL A plate, which I did in red and green to represent the skin.  The tips didn't work out quite as I had in mind at the outset - I tried to use yellow as part of the tip pattern as well, but it just didn't show up at all, leaving me with only red and green.  So it's not great, but is in the general direction of where I was going with it.

China Glaze Sun Worshiper Nail Polish & Chez Delaney XL A
China Glaze Sun Worshiper Nail Polish with Chez Delaney XL A
Looking for the mango pictures was hard - I felt like I was toying with my own emotions.   Now I want one more than ever!

That my first Produce I Wish I Had manicure, and the start of a new work week.  I hope Monday is kind to you, and until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment