Thursday, January 21, 2010

China Glaze Sugar High & 3D Acrylic Nail Art

Good morning, Dear Reader!

The veritable boatload of acrylic supplies I'd ordered were delivered yesterday, so last night I got to play with the acrylic nail art molds. It was as painful as getting the hang of Konad - I had a million failed attempts, then it suddenly just started working, so I slapped all the successful acrylic pieces on and called it a manicure. This is definitely not the best looking mani ever, but it's my first shot at 3D acrylic nail art.

I started with a base of China Glaze Sugar High. I thought I'd pass on this collection, but after seeing more pictures, and at $2.50 a pop, I went for some. I used two coats over Ridge Filler and topped it with Diamont, then had at the acrylic.

It turned out that the trick to making the pieces was to keep the mixture of liquid and powder quite dry. I used a small angled makeup brush to work the acrylic into the molds. After a couple of minutes, they start to pull away from the mold a bit, and that's when I was able to get them out. I put a dot of nail glue on the back of each before applying it. Since I had so many failures in a row, I had a bunch of the molds filled and drying. That's then they all worked, and where this haphazard garden manicure comes from. After applying the acrylic, I put on a coat of Diamont to seal it, and I took this picture this morning.

China Glaze Sugar High
China Glaze Sugar High Nail Polish with 3D Acrylic Nail Art

Now that I know how to make these, I hope the manicures will improve!

[Redacted]

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment