Monday, January 25, 2010

Chanel Cassis & OPI Japan

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I thought I'd show you one of the few jellies I truly love, Chanel Cassis. It was an overseas exclusive, Asian, I believe, I think from Spring 2007. There was this one, a red jelly called Cherry, and I don't recall offhand what the others were (that was a while ago!).

What I like about Cassis and its sisters is the finish and application. I use three coats to make it a little less transparent, but it retains an incredible gloss and even color distribution than many jellies lack. It's a purplish berry shade, and I was happy when I stumbled across it amongst my things recently.

Here's Chanel Cassis.

Chanel Cassis
Chanel Cassis Nail Polish, Three Coats

Speaking of Asian exclusives... I've been afraid to mention this lest I put the whammy on it and have the postal workers jump on the package, but after seeing pictures from Steph at Nail Juice of OPI's Asian exclusive Sweet Pink Collection, they're on their merry little way to me right now, so that's something I'll have for you soon (assuming typing this doesn't make postal workers dance on the package). They weren't easy to come by, but dangit, I was determined!

If you look at OPI's Japan site (I just Google "OPI Japan" and use the "Translate This Page" link to the right of the listing), you can see they've had a few good ones we've missed out on here. I checked it just now to verify the name of Sweet Pink and was relieved to discover they hadn't slipped anything under my radar! Take a look at the Yokohamas and the 10th anniversary ones they have, in addition to Sweet Pink. It strikes me as so odd that everyone else is putting out glitter here, but OPI saves them for Japan! Their DS exclusives are different too. Hmmmph!

There are more of the Japanese DS's I want, I got what I wanted of the 10th anniversary, and I swapped with a Japanese woman for all of the Yokohamas (with American tea and cookies being my end of the swap!), so I'm doing pretty well keeping on top of OPI so far. It ain't easy though!

That's what I have for you this morning, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment