Sunday, January 24, 2010

Illamasqua Boosh Bouquet

Good evening, Dear Reader!

After doing some tedious around-the-house stuff, I decided that playing with some 3D acrylic was in order.

For the first time, I started the manicure with the idea of what I wanted to do with the acrylic first, and that was play with the neon colors I got. In the pictures, as is often the case with neons, the full vibrancy of the colors does not come through. I settled on the idea of doing some two-colored flowers, initially planning on three on one nail, and decided that a black creme base would make an interesting background.

For the black I used Illamasqua Boosh (hence the title), which I bought based upon some raves I'd read. To me, it a good black, but not spectacular, and I wouldn't spend the money on it again. I still think Lippmann Collection Fade to Black is the best high gloss, blackest possible black nail polish. But I digress...

So I did the base manicure with two coats of Boosh, then started in with the flowers. When I'd completed three, it looked like the symmetry was a bit off, so I added a fourth and am happy with the result. I waited a few minutes for them to finish curing after applying, then painted each with a bit of top coat, then sealed the whole nail with top coat. I let it dry for a few minutes, took pictures, and here I am.

In the picture with the bottle, the edge of the decorated nail kind of blends into the bottle, so I have another picture without it.

Heres my Boosh Bouquet (or Boosh Gardens, if you prefer..).

Illamasqua Boosh Nail Polish
Illamasqua Boosh Nail Polish, Two Coats, with 3D Acrylic Nail Art

Illamasqua Boosh
Illamasqua Boosh Nail Polish, Two Coats, with 3D Acrylic Nail Art Close Up

I squished the side of the blue flower a little bit applying it, but it seems to be on there pretty well so I'm hoping for the best.

I know not everyone's a fan of the 3D stuff, but I think it's great fun, and an application like this gives something completely unexpected to the manicure.

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment