Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mannequin Hands & Lace Nails

Good evening, Dear Reader!


I'm weary and have done little more than play today. I thought I'd take a shot at two trends in nails I've read about: Mannequin Hands and Lace Nails. One was more successful than the other.


Mannequin Hands is matching nail polish to one's skin tone so that the hands have the appearance of a mannequin's. That was a great big fail on me for two reasons: one, they don't make nail polish the color of Irish women's skin, and two, the effect is totally lost with longer nails.


I'm sure we've all seen a mannequin, there's no need for a pictorial reminder. My attempt was using Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge, in two coats. It doesn't even make "mannequin" cross my mind.


Rescue Beauty Lounge Nail Polish
Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge Nail Polish, Two Coats


The Lace Nails idea is a little more involved, with lace incorporated into the manicure. Here's a manicure promo pic I received from Barielle by manicurist Elle, so we know what we're talking about. The picture's tiny, but it's all I have.


Lace Nails
Elle's Lace Nail for Barielle Promo Picture


I'm not about to hunt for lace or actually do that, even thought it looks cool, so here's my Konad approximation of lace nails.


Konad Lace Nails
Konad Lace Nails with M57 & M71 over RBL Grunge


Konad Lace Nail Polish
Konad Lace Nails with M57 & M71 over RBL Grunge & Konad Black


First I stamped the fishnet pattern, then the lace edge. This one, I think is close enough to call a success given the effort involved.


That's all there is for today, Dear Reader. I'm going to be catching up on comments tomorrow and getting the ol' blogroll updated in the next couple of days (so if you're reading and missing from the blogroll, please email me!), so we'll be back in tip-top shape.


Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment