Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm Back in the Saddle Again

Hello, Dear Reader! Long time no see!

Your kind comments and emails, along with getting used to life's busier pace, convinced me to get back here! It's good to be back.

What I have for you today is something you've already seen, I'm sure: Nubar's Prisms Collection. I bought them when they came out, and they arrived on Friday. But I had good sun, a new-to-me collection, and so I thought I'd show them to you for my first post back. The first seven are swatches and the last is a full manicure.

All eight shades were three-coaters for me. Although most Nubars are two coaters for me, holos seem to require more in general (think OPI Coronation...), so for complete opacity in three coats, I was content.

The eight colors can be divided into two groups, as I see them. There are four standard holos, and four that are standard holos loaded up with crazy holo glitter. I used one of the crazy ones, the last I'll show you, for a complete manicure, and it's smooth with one coat of Diamont.

The way the sun hit these, the holo effect is most visible on top of my thumb. I'll start with the standard holographic colors.

Spark is a light brown holo.

Nubar Prisms
Nubar Spark Nail Polish, Three Coats

Absolute is a strong light blue holo.

Nubar Prisms Collection
Nubar Absolute Nail Polish, Three Coats

Brilliant is a darkish pink holo.

Nubar Holographic Prisms
Nubar Brilliant Nail Polish, Three Coats

Treasure is a slightly blue purple holo.

Nubar Holographic Prisms Collection
Nubar Treasure Nail Polish, Three Coats

Essence is a peach holo with holo glitter.

Nubar Holographic Collection
Nubar Essence Nail Polish, Three Coats

Gem is a kind of taupe holo with holo glitter.

Nubar Holographic Glitter Collection
Nubar Gem Nail Polish, Three Coats

Jewel is a brown holographic base with holo glitter.

Nubar Holographic Glitter
Nubar Jewel Nail Polish, Three Coats

Prize is a red holo with holor glitter (!!!).

Nubar Holographic
Nubar Prize Nail Polish, Three Coats

That's Nubar's Prisms Collection, and it's my happy return.

Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment