Thursday, October 1, 2009

China Glaze Glitters (Yes, More!)

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I didn't have more on the agenda for you today, but I was feeling a little like doing some swatches, so I did. The sun isn't great, so I went to my sparkling*nails order that I told you about, the one that's primarily China Glaze glitters, and grabbed a few. Since bright artificial light washed out glitter last time, I thought maybe weaker natural light would be a good compromise, and it turned out to be just right.

The first one isn't really a glitter, it's just a super-shimmery pink, called Trophy Wife. Of course, it took three coats (trophy wives are high maintenance, I understand...).

China Glaze Nail Polish
China Glaze
China Glaze Trophy Wife Nail Polish, Three Coats

The rest are all really glitters. Blue Hawaiian is a really, really cool ocean blue jelly with multi colored glitter. This is two coats.

China Glaze Glitters
China Glaze Specialty Nail Polish
China Glaze Blue Hawaiian Nail Polish, Two Coats

Luna is a light silvery blue shimmer loaded up with fine glitter and holo hex glitter. This is two coats.

China Glaze Glitter Nail Polish
China Glaze Glitter
China Glaze Luna Nail Polish, Two Coats

Sour Apple is not as vivid on the nail as in the bottle. It's a bright green jelly with lots of multi colored glitter, almost neon in the bottle, but it reminds me of a Green Apple Jolly Rancher on the nail.

Glitter Nail Polish
Glitter Nail Polishes
China Glaze Sour Apple Nail Polish, Two Coats

The last one, Sour Apple, is a full manicure with a top coat. I laugh in the face of Fall! Ha!

Those are the swatches I have for you this afternoon, Dear Reader. I hope they help you pick what you like and what you don't. There are even more to come! I'm just going to have to keep tacking remarks on after "China Glaze Glitters" in order to give each post a different name, I guess!

Now, I really am done for the day! Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment