Sunday, May 15, 2011

OPI Serena Glam Slam France

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I swatched the two new OPI Serena Glam Slam Duos coming out for the French Open for you, so that's what's on tap today.  I only tried out the Shatters over the color each was packaged with, which really aren't what I'd put them with on my own, so there will be more to come with those.

Spark de Triomphe is tons of glitter, sort of white gold overall with specks of black, in a clear base.  The glitter is very dense but still pretty smooth, and this one is good in two coats.  It looks a little bit like I got some poppy seeds on my nails, but I really like Spark de Triomphe just the same.

OPI Spark de Triomphe
OPI Spark de Triomphe Nail Polish, Two Coats

Spark de Triomphe is packaged with White Shatter, which is as thick as and about the same to apply as Black Shatter.  It's opaque white when dry.  Since I know some prefer no top coat over Shatters, I took pictures without it as well as with top coat.  I think it has a definite sidewalk chalk look to it without.

OPI White Shatter and Spark de Triomphe
OPI White Shatter over Spark de Triomphe, No Top Coat

OPI White Shatter
OPI White Shatter over Spark de Triomphe with Top Coat

That's it for the white one.  Red Shatter came with Rally Pretty Pink, which is indeed rally pretty.  It's that pigment from last year again, and it was difficult to get a good picture of it in artificial light.  Depending on the angle, the color shifts around a good bit, and my camera kept picking up more purple than really shows, but this gives you an idea of it.  It's not so much the pinky-pink I've seen in some promo pictures.  It could have used at least a third coat - this is two.

OPI Rally Pretty Pink
OPI Rally Pretty Pink Nail Polish, Two Coats

I added Red Shatter, which is more of a jelly than a creme.  It's also much thinner than White Shatter and easier to apply.

OPI Red Shatter and Rally Pretty Pink
OPI Red Shatter over Rally Pretty Pink, No Top Coat

OPI Red Shatter
OPI Red Shatter over Rally Pretty Pink with Top Coat

On the package for the pink and red set, I noticed something I see as good - Serena's sporting some serious nails.



That's the update for today, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment