Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear VIP Pink

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today there's more layered glitter polish in store with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear VIP Pink over China Glaze Sugar High.  I don't know much about VIP Pink other than that I had it in a box of polishes and it's a pretty pink with glitter, but it looked a little sheer for me to wear alone.

I don't know if I ever showed you a picture of what I think is the easiest way to get an idea of the opacity of a polish without having to open it, so I took one to show you today.  I just hold the bottle a little bit tilted and above eye level, then roll the mixing ball around a little.  How well I can see the mixing ball is an indication of how sheer it is.

Sally Hansen VIP Pink Bottle
Mixing Ball in Sally Hansen VIP Pink Bottle

That's pretty sheer since I can see it so well, so I grabbed a creme that was a good match for the shade, China Glaze Sugar High, to put under it.  Here's two coats of Sugar High, a two coater, alone.

China Glaze Sugar High
China Glaze Sugar High Nail Polish, Two Coats

I topped it off with two coats of VIP Pink and top coat.

Sally Hansen VIP Pink
Sally Hansen VIP Pink Nail Polish over China Glaze Sugar High

That's much better.  Now that I'm all pink and sparkly, it pretty much has to be a good day today.  That's just about all I have for you, Dear Reader, so until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment