Monday, May 30, 2011

OPI Girls Just Want to Play & Fairy Dust

Good morning, Dear Reader!  On this Memorial Day, I want to say thanks to servicemen and their families for paying a very high price for all of us in the US.

I figured I'd go with a patriotic manicure today, and I picked OPI's Girls Just Want to Play, which is a red creme.  It's particularly well pigmented for an OPI red, so I like it better than most of theirs.  It only took two thin coats to be totally opaque, and since the fake tip I'm sporting is crystal clear, I need opaque.  I tried to just leave it alone, but my current and likely short anti-creme phase wouldn't allow me to, so I topped it off with two coats of China Glaze Fairy Dust before adding top coat.  Here it is in the sun, and there are a few spots where you can get a sense of just how much it sparkles.

OPI Girls Just Want to Play and Fairy Dust
OPI Girls Just Want to Play and China Glaze Fairy Dust, Two Coats Each

I already ran some errands and went for a walk with my dad today, and on the walk it was challenging to keep myself from staring at my nails.  This is really super bright and sparkly, so it makes me happy.  I know it's not terribly different from the OPI Text Me Text You manicure I recently wore, but it's different enough for me, and I really just plain love fine holo glitter over red.

That's the manicure for today, Dear Reader, so until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment