Sunday, May 22, 2011

OPI Met on the Internet & Text Me Text You

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

For today's pictures I have OPI Met on the Internet, a red shimmer, and Text Me Text You, a glitter top coat.  There was a third in this release, Log On to Love (I'm not sure why, put that polish name just makes me cringe), and I think they were a Valentine's Day release a few years ago, but they're still widely available.

Met on the Internet is a very pretty pinkish red shimmer, and it applied very nicely and needed just two coats to be opaque enough for me.  In today's pictures, my pinky nail's fake tip is way too big, so I'll just ask that you forgive it.  I made the tip from perfectly clear soak off builder gel, and it was really hard to see what I was doing, so I thought it was good until I applied Met on the Internet and saw that it was bigger than I wanted it to be.  I've since fixed it, but since reshaping also required adding and curing a new coat of sealer, it was just a more involved project than I cared to begin when I became aware of it.  This is Met on the Internet alone, with no top coat at all.

OPI Met on the Internet
OPI Met on the Internet Nail Polish, Two Coats

Text Me Text You is a clear base with very fine holo glitter, and I added two coats of it and then one coat of top coat to complete the manicure.

OPI Text Me, Text You
OPI Text Me, Text You Nail Polish, Two Coats over OPI Met on the Internet

As with most holo glitters, a picture can't so it justice - this manicure was really fun to play with in the sun.  This mani also made me realize that despite the fact that I genuinely enjoy muddied and/or washed out cremes, since we've seen so many in the last few years, I'm beginning to grow quite weary of them.  That's just fine since there are about a billion sheer shimmer and glitter choices to layer over them, and Konad is limitless, so they'll still get used, just not alone quite so much.

That's just about all there is today, Dear Reader, so until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment