Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Matte OPI You Don't Know Jacques

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I have a not-quite-successful manicure to show you today, but it failed because I didn't follow directions. I got the OPI mattes today, and the little tag on them says not to use base or top coat. Obviously I wouldn't use top coat, but it didn't seem like a base could hurt. Since my nails are a little ragged from the move, I used a ridge filler, then three coats of You Don't Know Jacques. As the OPI matte dried, it shrank faster than the base coat and it looks like I have horrific tip wear. I'll be changing this in a minute, but wanted to show you what the color looks like and also that the OPI mattes really, really can't take a base.

OPI Matte Nail Polish
OPI Matte Nail Polish Bottle

This is the most matte polish I've used, and I'm not entirely sold on it - I think it's a little more matte than is attractive. I'll either get my nails fixed up again or get around to fixing them myself to show you the other colors without a base. I have an event to go to this weekend, and the matte Alpine Snow might be a cool twist on a white polish for it - we'll see.

That's all for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment