Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lippmann Collection Marquee Moon & Don't Tell Mama

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I got Lippmann Collection's Fall 2009 nail polishes, Marquee Moon and Don't Tell Mama, and gave them a try. Just a try. Neither stayed on too long...

Marquee Moon is like a silver Funky Chunky, of which I was not a great fan. The polish is just too opaque for the glitter, and the glitter is BIG. You can see I have a few rogue pieces of it waiting to catch on something and come off here. This is two coats over a base, dry with no top coat.

Lippmann Collection Nail Polish
Lippmann Collection Nail Polish Bottle

I really just don't think this is a good look. At all... It's been suggested that perhaps I just "don't get" this type of polish. That's possible. However, it's nail polish - there's not too much to understand here.

I was excited about Don't Tell Mama from pictures I've seen, but either the bottle I got is from a different batch or the pictures I've seen were taken under floodlights because mine looks almost black. This is three coats with a base and top coat under a really bright light - just walking around, it's almost black.

Lippmann Nail Polish
Lippmann Nail Polish Bottle

I didn't find this one objectionable, but I also didn't find anything about it to love. I left it on all day, and loved it no more or less at the end of the day than at the beginning.

So those are Lippmann Collection's Fall 2009 offerings. I've been a big Lippmann Collection fan for a while, but they're beginning to lose me with the latest releases.

That's all for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment