Friday, July 10, 2009

Essie Perky Purple & Konad M57

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'm up and around early this morning, so I did a fun Konadicure. While packing over the weekend, I finally ran into a nail polish I'd been hunting for lately: Essie's Perky Purple, one of the Summer 2009 Neons. I started with three coats of it, then using White Konad Special Nail Polish, stamped the fishnet pattern from Konad plate M57 over it.

Essie Neon Nail Polish
Essie Neon Nail Polish Bottle

I've mentioned before that both purples and neons are hard to photograph, and the pictures above are reasonably true to life. My first attempt at photographing this manicure my the early morning sun really shows what a difference light makes. Check out how it looked in my yard (I still can't believe I have a yard!!!).

Essie Neon Nail Polish Bottle

Isn't that weird? It looks almost pink by that light. I found that the halogen lamp I use does the best job of accurately rendering purples and neons, but this was such a huge difference that I thought I'd show you one of the reject pictures.

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment